Monday, October 22, 2012

hello world. it's me, zachary.

to be honest with you, i don't know where to exactly begin with all this, but i have an idea of where to start. it all started when i was only 8 years old...the first song i had ever truly listened to was notorious b.i.g.'s "big poppa". i didn't know that they used marvin gaye's "between the sheets" as a sample nor did i understand what he was talking about. but that one song began my life in hip-hop and i haven't looked back since.

i was a quiet kid when i was young, very introverted...kept to myself a lot. not in a bad way or anything like that, but i could keep myself entertained for hours. little did i know that 8 years later, that if i put on a beat and gathered my thoughts that i could put together a 16 that i could be proud of. i started writing verses when i was 13. nothing too major, just something i could put together and keep to myself. my friend sebastian and i had met in high school and during a lunch period decided we would start to do music calling ourselves nu era. so i would go over his house a few times a week and start recording songs. around the same time, i met two other friends of mine dmista and jots. together, we formed the international trio or i3 for short. that had started with me becoming a rapper....freestyling, writing rhymes. i became so enveloped that i knew this was something i wanted to do. even if i never made it big, i wanted to do it for love of the game...something i feel the hip-hop game has been missing for god knows how long. so while i was in school doing classwork, i would write a sixteen here and there. writing two-bar lines in my binders. mind you, i didn't think that i would've done shows and started recording mixtapes and gain support through my music or even have anyone tell me, "yo, i like this shit man." i did it cause i loved doing it. 

i'll be giving you more of my story as i keep giving you more and more posts.
as of right now, i've finished recording a mixtape with my boy sebastian (aka nwp, the new world prodigy) called the unexpected mixtape. and after a good conversation with my homie dmista inviting me to become a member of sonic darwinism, my stomach feels empty. i feel hungry again. a hunger i haven't felt since i was a 16-year old sophomore in high school. the kind of hunger that an artist has when he wants to grab the mic and destroy any instrumental that's put in front of him. 

hello world. it's me, zachary. but from now on, i prefer you call me ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment