Monday, October 22, 2012

MYINTRO #UALREADYKNOW

Ya know, I've seen what it takes to be good and bad in this business.  Im strictly a DJ...yeah I can spit off the dome for a few bars...But my background is on two technic 1200s scratching on an old Slick Rick joint.  I'm DJ Dino Parmagiano aka dat wop...Jersey born...The idea behind this Sonic Darwinism as stated by Dmista is exactly as he says...survival of the fittest...who is the most popular beats all...who is going to get the song stuck in your head...but for all the wrong reasons....Now a days its about balling, blunts, and broads...Can we take it back La-Di-DA-Di...Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh...no turntables...just a beat box and an MC RICKKYY DD...he told a story and left us with some of the best lines...where do you think we got "Biggie Biggie Can't you see"...yea it wasn't even Notorious it was Slick Rick....
       Now I am always going to support old school hip hop but that doesn't mean I am against todays hip-hop...It's just the intellectual value of it has decreased.  There was a song that came out about three years ago...Exhibit C by Jay Electronica...it was on Hot 97's playlists for a couple of weeks and that was it...HE spoke a story...and he couldnt even make a month on a playlist...Today money rules this business...when I used to have my show back at Rutgers...PARMAGIANO IN THE PM...IN THE AM...WRSU 88.7fm.....I brought in underground rappers that would out do most of what you hear today...Nick Javas...Solo for Dolo...Dmista...the list goes on and on...but without the green there isn't there....
But we are still lucky.... Nasir Jones...aka Nasti NAs...he still speaks truth...why do you think he beat Jay-Z back in the day...Jay-Z isnt what he used to be...but Nas...he has it....Life is Good...
I'll leave everybody with this...I dont hate on anybody...everybody is making their money...but when you listen to a joint....listen past the beat...listen to the words...listen to the message....Nas said it the best...it's a poison...all we hear and see is poison...its a blinding falsehood covering a true reality....BE good everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment