Monday, October 22, 2012

Myintrotoletuknow

This is Sonic Darwinism. In a perfect world, the best sounds SHOULD get the most attention- call it popularity, call it the Billboard Charts, call it the shit that's being bumped with bass to make your heart shiver from an El Camino riding slow through downtown on a busy Friday. Take the concept of Social Darwinism to Music- a battlefield where songs knock each other off in a righteous example of survival of the fittest.

For now this blog is a tentative experiment, an outlet for me and some friends to talk about daily happenings, post dope music, and whatnot. I'll also be selfishly using this as a launchpad for me to post my music up as little by little I become less stagnant with my creative capabilities. I was 18 when I recorded my last song, 20 when I dropped the mic. I'm 23 now and (although the goal isnt fame or to "make it") there's a resurgence of people blowing up reminiscent to what I consider the Golden Era of Hip Hop (1992-98). An 18-year old by the name of Nasir Jones created the perfect album before he could legally buy beer, same goes for fellow Queens natives Prodigy and Havoc when they dropped The Infamous, while down in the ATL Organized Noize laced a teenage Andre 3000 and Big Boi with the classic sounds that created Southernplayalisticadillacmusic. There's loads more of examples. These days we have the likes of ASAP Rocky and his crew, the Oddfuture crew, Kendrick Lamar, Joey Badass, Big Sean, hell... even Drake is 25, I know I have missed plenty of up and coming MCs in my age bracket/demographic, but you get the picture.
I'm not saying these MCs are dropping anything remotely close to an "Illmatic" but they are deservedly getting shine.

And maybe I want to join the ride.

With that being said, I'm dusting off the mic and writing 100 bar verses like back in the days when I was in high school, ignoring what was going class cuz I was too busy working on this rhyme. Within a month I should have the first song up and I'm gonna keep my output going. I haven't had any sort of real accountability since I got out of the Army, so this will be it.

Cheers

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment